Bay Colony Rail Trail Association, Inc. (BCRTA)
2013 Official Raffle Rules
1. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning on October 1, 2013 and ending on October 31, 2013, you may purchase as many raffle tickets as you wish for $10 each, or 5 tickets for $40, or 15 tickets for $100. Each raffle ticket purchased will entitle you to one chance to win. Raffle tickets may be purchased up until the time of the drawing (subject to availability) from BCRTA representatives at our booth at the NBA’s Harvest Fair and Souper Bowl on Saturday, October 5, 2013, 10 am – 3 pm and the Needham Farmers Market on Sunday, October 6, 2013, 1-5 pm, or as further described on our website (http://www.baycolonyrailtrail.org). Payment may be made by cash or personal check payable to Bay Colony Rail Trial Association, Inc. As a special bonus, the names of purchasers of 15 raffle tickets for $100 will be included on the BCRTA’s “Trail Blazers” list.
2. WINNERS: Prize winners will be determined from all eligible raffle tickets purchased in a random drawing to be conducted on or about November 1, 2013, by an officer of BCRTA. BCRTA’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this raffle. Odds of winning depend on the number of raffle tickets sold. Ticket holders need not be present at drawing to win. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or mail if not in attendance at the drawing. Each winner must accept prize and provide social security number and may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release. Prizes may be awarded to alternate winner if affidavit is not returned within 5 days after hand delivery or mailing to winner or if prize notification letter is returned as undeliverable. Winners agree to use of name, address, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes for BCRTA in any medium without compensation to the extent permitted by law.
- 1st Prize (1 available): A Trek 7.2 FX Bicycle, size to be determined by winner (approximate retail value: $ 549.99).
- 2nd Prize (1 available): Max Racer 7 Bicycle Trainer (approximate retail value: $ 149.95).
- 3rd Prizes (10 available): Bay Colony Rail Trail T-Shirt (approximate retail value: $10).
The prizes will be available for inspection at the NBA’s Harvest Fair and Souper Bowl on October 5, 2013 and the Needham Farmers Market on October 6, 2013. BCRTA reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value; t-shirt prizes are subject to size availability. No other substitution or transfer of prizes. BCRTA is responsible only for prize delivery, not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Only one prize per person or household. All prizes will be awarded assuming sufficient number of raffle tickets purchased.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Raffle open to individual residents of the United States (excluding territories and possessions) 18 years or older except officers and directors of the BCRTA, and members of each of their immediate families and households. This offer is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to applicable federal, state and local regulations. Taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
5. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners will be available on the BCRTA website (http://www.baycolonyrailtrail.org) after November 2, 2013.
6. MISCELLANEOUS: The net proceeds of raffle ticket prices will be used for BCRTA’s charitable purposes, including the creation of a shared use recreational path running from approximately High Rock Street in Needham to the Dover town border and beyond.
The value of the prizes will be treated as ordinary income to the winners for federal and state income tax purposes and the winners may be required to prepay a portion of the tax liability prior to receiving the prizes. The Internal Revenue Service takes the position that no portion of the raffle ticket price will qualify as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes.
By participating in this raffle, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these official rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges, and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this raffle. By accepting prize, winners agree to release BCRTA and its respective directors, trustees, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of their prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
© Bay Colony Rail Trail Association, 2013